Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Guest Bathroom Makeover for under $30

I bought this bathroom set with matching towel, rags, and rug for about $15.


Mod Podge, unfinished wooden butterflies, cardsotck paper scraps

The two frames used to be a "yuky" green/gray color and it had an ugly picture of lilies inside
I used some cardstock and a butterfly sticker to change the inside and painted the frame in white.





I cut the butterflies using my cricut expression, the gypsy wonderings cartridge and vinyl.

Finished mod podge butterflies.
The walls were painted in a dark caramel color. I found the paint for $5 @ Home Depot
(the paint was Behr Premium primer and paint in one, reg price $ 36.00 for 1 gallon but this one was in their clearance section
of paints that people buy and then return)

For the towel decorations I used some crocheted flowers made by my grandmother ($0) and some wood
buttons from my button stash.







The result: an elegant, zen like and not gilry guest bathroom for less than $30 in materials and a few hours of my time.
I made it all today. (my kids painted the walls last Thrusday)



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment